If you are looking for the best and most efficient rooftop solar panel, then it is undoubtedly provided by Tata Solar, a solar energy company, based in Bangalore. With over 5.4GW solar energy projects, this brand is spread across 13 states in India. Initially, it was a joint venture between Tata Power and BP Solar and was established in 1989. While the company is based in Bangalore, it also has its headquarters in Mumbai.
Tata Power, which is the largest integrated power utility in India, became the sole owner of Tata Solar in 2012. This power distribution company works to provide electricity to residential and commercial buildings in alliance with State DISCOMS. The current manufacturing plant capacity of the company is 400 MW of solar panels and 300 MV of PV cells. 100% automated machinery is used to prepare their Poly-crystalline panels.
Speaking of projects, Tata Solar has undertaken several large-scale solar projects over the years. It has dealt with projects ranging from 10MW to 100MW. These solar panels are sold through various distribution channels, as the brand has at least 1 exclusive distributor in every state where Tata Solar panels are available. The presence of this company goes beyond the Indian subcontinent to places like the USA and various other countries as well.
In this article, we look at the Tata Solar price in India which is an important aspect to consider before buying a solar panel. No matter how efficient or great the quality of a solar panel is, your budget and the price of the panel need to match to some extent, for you to choose a specific product. Tata Solar is a trusted brand and evidence lies in the fac that some of the leading corporates, MNCs, and institutions have worked with it.
Tata Solar Panel Price List and Price Per Watt
What makes Tata Solar such a remarkable brand is the quality of products they manufacture, the credit for which goes to the hard work of the workers coupled with the exceptional automated machines. The Tata solar panel price depends on the specific product that you purchase since every panel is made for a particular rooftop situation. We have provided a list of the Tata Solar panel price along with the price per watt in this section to give you a better understanding.
|Wattages||Cost (Rs.)||Price/Watt||Technical Specifications|
|330 W- Polycrystalline||9900||30||Voltage (Vmp)- 37.67Current (Imp)- 8.91|
|150 W- Polycrystalline||7500||30||Voltage (Vmp)- 38.33Current (Imp)- 9.02|
|50 W- Polycrystalline||1500||30||Voltage (Vmp)- 39.34Current (Imp)- 9.55|
Please note that the prices mentioned above are exclusive of 5% GST and 1% transportation cost that can vary depending on the geographical location as well as the size of the project.
Why Go For Tata Solar Panels?
Tata Solar panels are one of the finest quality solar panels that you will find in the Indian market at present. The brand is engaged in Solar Engineering, Procurement, and Construction processes and it has set a high standard for manufacturing the best solar products across all regions of the country. This includes manufacturing solar panels using crystal technology for more efficiency. All of this coupled with the Tata solar panel price per watt, which is quite reasonable makes this an exceptional product.
Solar panels by their very nature have proven to be the most sustainable method of producing electricity both in residential areas as well as for commercial purposes. It has a zero-prevention carbon footprint that makes it the most valuable source of renewable energy. You can benefit a great deal and enjoy the advantages provided by such a system to any household.
Features of Tata Solar Panels
- Boasts of a 27-year-old history as a 1st tier bankable module manufacturer
- Comes with an anodized aluminum frame that is resistant to torsion and corrosion
- In order to minimize the losses in the number of modules, the cells are sorted by power and current
- The junction box is a highly reliable IP67 rated device
- To ensure high energy conversion efficiency, the panels have a high fill factor
- To avoid microcracks the electroluminescence is tested beforehand
Advantages of Tata Solar Panels
- The power tolerance of these panels are as high as 5W due to which a great deal of energy is generated which is highly beneficial
- No matter how extreme the weather conditions are, the Tata solar panels will never disappoint you and remain intact even when the conditions are incredibly harsh
- Some of the most advanced technologies are used to manufacture these solar panels to ensure best quality
- It boasts of Potential Induced Degradation free modules that are blessed with certifications from TUV and UL
- Tata Solar panels are almost 30% more durable and productive
- Reasonably priced, so that a wide range of people belonging to both urban and rural areas can have access to it
- Significant reduction in the monthly electricity bills
- There is a performance warranty of 25 years on the solar panels which guarantees peace of mind for a long time
Where Can I Buy Tata Solar Panels?
Tata Solar panels are widely available in many places across the country. Access to these magnificent solar panels has never been a difficult thing. You can either buy the solar system through any solar installer or system integrators. Orders of solar panels that are above 50KW are given to either government tenders or any EPC player. Other than these methods, there are various websites that sell the Tata Solar panels which include Amazon, Flipkart, and a few unknown names as well.
You might even get great discounts on the Tata solar rooftop price if you order from these places. However, do not get swayed away by the cheapest price and the maximum discount offers, as there are many other factors that should be considered before buying a solar panel. This includes factors like the total energy (in watts) that is produced by the electronic appliances in your home, the rooftop space and location available, your budget, and so on.
If you are an entrepreneur and wish to take up a dealership of the Tata solar panels then there is a whole different set of guidelines available. We shall discuss it briefly here, but such an investment will require you to do thorough research. The most basic requirement for a solar panel dealership business is a commercial space. You need this for regular operation and investment for hiring staff along with various other things.
considerable amount of Rs. 15 lac to 20 lac is required for initial investment in the business. After the agreement has been sealed, you will receive an ‘Authorized Dealer’ certificate that will allow you to sell these solar panels.
What Information Do I Need To Provide To Buy Tata Solar Panel?
A set of information is to be provided to the company if you are a home or business owner looking to buy a Tata Solar panel. Here is a list of documents and information needed:
- Complete address of the location/locations where the solar panels are to be installed
- A photocopy of your electricity bill
- A well-drawn out diagram of the rooftop or ground area; wherever you are planning to install the panels, so that the size can be confirmed
- Longitude and latitude (this is something you can find out through numerous applications available on the internet)
- Click a few clear photographs of the rooftop area with your mobile phone and send them to the company
- A rough estimate or measurement of the rooftop area should be provided so that the company gets a better idea of the site
- You must send them the rough estimates of various rooftop items present, such as the water tank as this will also affect the installation process of the solar panels
- Lastly, you must enquire about the distance of the rooftop from the Electricity LT Panel and send it to the concerned authorities
While buying a solar panel, people conveniently ignore to check for valid certification from the recognized authorities. Irrespective of whether you are a homeowner, a solar developer, an EPC player, a solar installer, dealer and distributor, etc, you must be wary of the different certifications that a particular solar panel passes through before being sold in the market. Off-grid solar systems do not require any certifications.
However, if you are working in any solar tender like water pump, rooftop solar projects, ground-mounted solar system, solar subsidy, and so on, here is a list of solar certifications that you must check:
- BIS- Any electronic appliance that is manufactured to be sold in the Indian market must have a certification from the Bureau of Indian Standards or BIS. It checks things like the quality, performance, and safety of the product.
- CE- If the company wishes to sell an electronic product like a solar panel in an international market, then a Certificate of Registration is required. DCR Cell- Government tenders like water pump, rooftop solar subsidy, street light tender, etc, requires a certificate from the Domestic Content Requirement or DCR Cell.
Frequently Asked Questions
This article has attempted to give you a brief idea of the popular brand- Tata Solar along with the Tata solar panel price in India. In this particular section, we have dealt with some of the most frequently asked questions about this topic.
1. What are the solar accessories that accompany a Tata solar panel?
Every Tata Solar panel is accompanied by a host of solar accessories that are required for the installation process and even for maintenance or any other problem. These accessories usually include- the solar GI structure, an MC4 connector, an array junction box, an AC distribution box, 16 nos fasteners, solar cable of a particular size as per requirement, AC cable, cable tie, conduit pipe, earthing kit, and a lightning arrestor.
2. How much subsidy is offered on a Tata Solar panel?
The government subsidy rate offered on solar panels differs in terms of the brand, the region, the size, and a few other factors. A 40% government subsidy is usually offered on the benchmark cost of a Tata solar panel. However, this can vary depending on the factorsmentioned earlier.
3. As per the net metering guidelines, what is the optimal solar capacity to be installed?
The DERC guidelines clearly state that the sanctioned load of the connection should be the maximum solar plant capacity. In many cases, there are customers who wish to install panels with a higher capacity which levies additional SLD charges.
4. How many solar systems do I need for 1kw?
You require 3-4 solar panels for 1 unit of electricity or 1kw.
5. What are the two main disadvantages of installing solar panels?
There are innumerable advantages of installing solar panels, but there are a few disadvantages also. The initial cost of solar panel installation is very high and this becomes a problem for many people. Secondly, solar panels tend to be highly dependent on the weather, since their efficiency invariably drops on cloudy or rainy days. It also uses up a lot of space and this can be a disadvantage for rooftops with limited space.
Articles like these are meant to point out to you that while there are many positive points about a particular brand, there are a few negative ones as well. You must have a holistic understanding of this before you head on to buy a solar panel. This article on the Tata solar panel price in India tried to help you out with this regard.