As defined in the Section 2 of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, “Air pollution” means the presence in the atmosphere of any air pollutants.
"air pollutant" means any solid, liquid or gaseous substance 2 [(including noise)] present in the atmosphere in such concentration as may be or tend to be injurious to human beings or other living creatures or plants or property or environment;
For further understanding of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, click on the URL below
Chapter III of the National Green Tribunal Act, 2010 talks about Jurisdiction, Powers and Proceedings of the Tribunal.
Section 14 (I) allows the Tribunal shall have the jurisdiction over all civil cases where a substantial question relating to environment (including enforcement of any legal right relating to environment), is involved and such question arises out of the implementation of the enactments specified in Schedule I.
Section 15 (I) says, The Tribunal may, by an order, provide :
- relief and compensation to the victims of pollution and other environmental damage arising under the enactments specified in the Schedule I (including accident occurring while handling any hazardous substance)
- for restitution of the property damaged
- for restitution of the environment for such area or areas,
- as the Tribunal may think fit.
- MC Mehta Vs UOI Order dt 2.12.2016 - W.P. (C) 13029 of 1985
- Arjun Gopal Vs UoI Order dt 11.11.2016 W.P. (C) 728 of 2015
- MC Mehta Vs UOI Order dt 12.08.2016 WP 13029 (C) of 1985
- Review on a matter related to Hindu cremation
- NGT East Poultry farm West Bengal NGT order health
- Joydeep Mukherjee vs chief Secretary Govt of West Bengal
- Industry Hooghly NGT order
- Brick fields West Bengal NGT order
- Bakreshwar Thermal Power Station NGT judgement
- Auto emission Kolkata Howrah NGT Judgement
- Coming Soon
- Shaurya Pratap Singh Parihar Vs UoI
- Shaurya Pratap Singh Parihar Vs UoI Order Dated 18th January 2017
- Shaurya Pratap Singh Parihar Vs UoI Order Dated 14th December 2016
- Shaurya Pratap Singh Parihar Vs UoI Order Dated 2nd November 2016
- Shaurya Pratap Singh Parihar Vs UoI Order Dated 5th September 2016
- Shaurya Pratap Singh Parihar Vs UoI Order Dated 23rd August 2016
- Rajiv Dutta v/s UoI
- Vardhaman Kaushik v/s UoI